United Way of Marion CountyUnited Way of Marion County Contact: Scot Quintel, President
• Health Vision Council that focuses on 3 targets – 1) Mental Health, 2) Services supporting seniors and keeping them living independently and 3) Youth health focusing on childhood obesity and pediatric dental care
• Income stability – focused on meeting the basic necessity needs of county residents.
• Ensuring that food, housing and utilities are provided to those in need and working with families so they can become stable for the long term once their immediate needs are met.
• Planning stages to launch a new effort to work with individuals and families currently in transitional housing, providing additional assistance to increase the likelihood of them becoming independent and able to meet their own needs going forward.
• Education – focusing on childhood literacy – working with children before they enter school and children in kindergarten to ensure that as many as possible are reading on grade level by the 3rd grade.
Academic success of Middle and High School students – working with partners to identify and reduce the barriers that keep kids engaged in school and on the path to graduation.