UF Health Shands HospitalUF Health Shands Hospital Contact: Wendy Rersnick, Sr. Director, Finance and ICAP Advisor
• Patient Care – Unsponsored charity care and social responsibility – provides primary, specialty and tertiary, inpatient and outpatient hospital and healthcare services, including Marion County residents.
• Healthcare provided to mother/baby, pediatric, cardiovascular and neurosurgical procedures, organ transplants, trauma and emergency room services.
• Non-hospital based services, including physician services, community and regional healthy living illness prevention education sessions, disease management and patient support groups.
• Education – provides clinical education setting and training resources for next generation healthcare providers.
• Research – serves as a community resource by providing a clinical setting for ongoing patient research.
• Giving – Donations and In-Kind Services to community agencies that help people improve their health, wellness and quality of life.