Measure Up MarionMeasure Up Marion Contact: Maclyn Walker, Project Director
• Increase the number of people with access to tobacco-free environments at restaurant patios and property, parks and recreational areas, multi-unit housing, faith-community campuses.
• Facilitate tobacco/smoking cessation classes and programs.
• Increase availability and visibility of healthier food and beverage options:
• in vending machines.
• at concession stands including park and recreational areas.
• at local restaurants.
• Through Let’s Eat Healthy application for mobile phones.
• Implement CATCH Kids nutrition and physical activity programs in afterschool and summer school programs including Marion County Public Schools Extended Day programs, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, City of Ocala Recreation and Parks.
• Increase number of Farmer’s Market accepting EBT/SNAP payment.
• Recruit and build a network of volunteer Community Health Workers providing health information and linkages to community health resources.
• Create multi-disciplinary teams in clinical settings to provide chronic disease prevention and management.
• Utilize current technology, MyHealthStory, for accessing and sharing health information by clinicians, patients, and community health organizations.
• Expand and provide worksite wellness to area businesses and agencies.
• Implement community-wide marketing campaign to promote community needs and Measure up Marion response and successes.
• Measure Up Marion is a true community collaboration of the following organizations:
Heart of Florida Health Center (Lead and fiscal agent), Barrett, Liner and Company, Florida Department of Health in Marion County, Marion County Children’s Alliance, Marion County Public Schools, Marion County Library Systems, QuitDoc, Rural Health Partnership/Community Health IT, WellFlorida Council.