Marion County Children’s AllianceMarion County Children’s Alliance Contact: Dr. Mike Jordan
• Use work groups to deal with community wide problems.
• Childhood Nutrition Work group – began in 2004, partnering with schools, MRMC, Health Dept. and CDS. Addresses childhood obesity, unhealthy eating habits and overeating.
• Family Violence Prevention – works to reduce domestic violence which has a direct impact on the children in the home.
• CCASA (the county drug coalition) – works to reduce use of alcohol, marijuana and other illegal drugs in teenage population. SADD Clubs, Red Ribbon Week and community wide campaigns.
• SafeKids – partnership w/Dept. of Health and works to reduce preventable accidents impacting children, such as SIDS, drowning, bike safety and car safety.
• Fatherhood Initiative – works to improve the relationship b/w children and fathers who live outside the home.