Florida Department of HealthFlorida Department of Health Contact: Erin Hess
Weight, Nutrition and Chronic Disease
Healthiest Weight: Programs to help children and adults make consistent, informed choices about healthy eating and active living.
WIC – Provides healthy foods, nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support and referrals for immunizations, health care and community services at no cost.
BRAZEN – Sexual risk avoidance program educates in health decision-making with goal to build awareness, character and self-confidence in youths.
Family Planning – Annual exams, birth control and pregnancy testing.
– Safe Kids – Dedicated to preventing injuries in children. Initiatives include car seat safety, drowning prevention, fire safety, safe sleep and vehicle safety.
– Healthy Start – Helps pregnant women, women between pregnancies, infants and children up to 3 – provides education, resource informant, case management and care coordination services in order to improve birth outcomes and decrease infant mortality.
- Dental Services for children, youth and adults through age 20 who are eligible for Medicaid or Kid Care. Limited care for adults.
– Immunizations – Vaccines for children at no cost through age 18. Adult immunizations available for a fee.
– Sexually Transmitted Diseases – Screening, counseling, treatment and partner notification services to persons infected or suspected of being infected with STDs including HIV.